May 11, 2004

In-Decline

Far enough we’ve traveled
To test the lady’s patience,
Weaving past the deepest pine.
Her confidence in decline

“Where are the lights –
You Promised” says She
No beams have yet to shine.
Her confidence in decline

Is my compass misaligned?
My racing heart pounding
Deafens my scattered mind.
My confidence in decline.

“I trust you” whispers she
A kiss of sweetest kind,
With fingers intertwined,
Our diffidence in decline

MYHL
5/12/04

Commentary: The inspiration for this poem came from a dream from May of 2004. The text itself got lost in my old computer for quite some time. Despite the suggestive phrasing of the last stanza, the dream itself had very little to do with what one might think [nudge nudge wink wink]. In this dream, while searching for a city lit by auroras I led my friend astray deep in an old wood forest. In the moment of my greatest confusion and directional incompetence, my friend puts her trust in me, gives me a peck on the cheek, she holds my hand and we spiritedly search again for the lost city.

Copyright © 2006 Marc Y H Landeweer

No comments: