November 12, 2007

fiery sword

i chanced upon a heavenly sight
roaming through the northern lands
a beauty lithely gliding quick
a verdant field of lilac haze

remote echo of soothing song
swelling through the twilight air
by subtle sign she beckoned me
and running swift did i reply

but only near could i detect
tarnished streaks on a marred halo
that distant song was no melody
but weepings of a wounded sylph

and when i saw her blood stained gown
i embraced her close with streams of tears
i closed my eyes and cried to Heaven
a fervent prayer for this tortured belle

through my back came that searing sting
soon displaced by pangs within
and whence my eyes opened once more
the angel before me had limped away

all remaining for me to grasp
a fiery blade deep in my heart
while He above knows all my pain
commands me forever to forgive

MYHL
11/12/07

Copyright © 2007 Marc Y H Landeweer

No comments: